Everyone must take care of our body and personal hygiene. However, smelling nice is not everything. You need to be germ-free. Using organic coconut oil is the answer to a clean, odorless, and bacteria-free face, body, and mouth. Below you will learn two different DIY homemade personal care items using organically made coconut oil.
How to Make Organic Coconut Oil Body Wash
This coconut oil body wash is a perfect solution if you need to moisturize your skin, especially during dry seasons. The ingredients of this organic personal care item helps smoothen and soften the skin, whether it is wet or dry season.
- 3 tablespoons Coco Treasure Unrefined Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 cups Castile Soap
- 1 cup Rose Water
- 15 to 20 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
As an alternative to store-bought Rose Water, you can create your own if you have Rose Essential Oil. The following simple steps are:
- 12 drops Rose Essential Oil
- 1 cup Distilled Water
Instruction for Rose Water
- Add the rose essential oil and distilled water in a pint-sized jar.
- Shake well to evenly distribute the oil.
Instruction for the Body Wash
- Mix the coconut oil, rose water, lavender essential oil, and castile soap in a jar or any quart-sized container.
- Gently shake the mixture to combine well.
- Get a squeeze bottle to place the body wash. Shake well before using the product.
How to Use the Coconut Oil Body Wash
If you place the body wash in a squeeze bottle, it will be easier to squirt it out. So, it is really convenient to use that instead of other ordinary container. To use the body wash, just squirt desired amount on a washcloth, smooth hand towel, bath pouf, or into your hand and apply directly on your body.
How to Make Homemade Toothpaste with Organic Coconut Oil
Did you know that there are some ingredients in popular store-bought toothpaste that may harm your body? Two of these ingredients are sodium fluoride and glycerin.
First, sodium fluoride is dangerous as it is a byproduct of aluminum process. It is mostly found in many pesticides as well as rat poisons. Aluminum is also a dangerous substance as it can trigger cancer growth.
The second and last one is glycerin. Many of our favorite toothpaste brands keep advertising this component to coat the teeth and protect them. Due to this reason, the teeth are also prevented from re-mineralization because of the “plastic-like wrap” coating. It blocks teeth from maintaining proper balance of oral nutrients. According to a study, it requires 20 rinses to get glycerin off. This difficulty makes glycerin bad for your teeth and dental health.
Due to these facts, switching to homemade coconut oil toothpaste is the perfect solution. It saves your teeth from cavities and freshen your breath. It even whitens your teeth.
- 6 tablespoons Organic Coconut Oil
- 6 tablespoons Baking Soda
- 25 drops Essential Oil of choice (eucalyptus or grapefruit)
- In a small bowl, combine all the 3 ingredients.
- Whip the ingredients to mix well. Note that it becomes light creamy.
- Pour the product in a mason jar and seal it.
If you find it difficult to use a mason jar for your toothpaste container, just use a squirt bottle. You only need to cut the tip of the bottle to make the opening wider.
Take special care of yourself by switching to organic coconut oil personal care products. Coconut oil is highly recommended in many research-based and evidence-based studies. It also provides safe and cost-effective products that can be easily done at home.